KYN FOLK MEDIA
Founder, New York, NY
Serve as general manager and producer to conceive and implement video branding vision for clients that include the Billie Holiday Theatre and Skyhorse Publishing.
MIDTOWN PARTNERS & CO., LLC
Boutique Investment Bank focused on technology, media, and entertainment sectors
Vice President, Marketing, New York, NY
Directed the firm’s marketing and business development initiative to provide consultative and logistics services.
• Develop and deploy audience development guidelines for distribution of text, video, and audio content
• Analyze data to improve marketing delivery and strategies
• Perform company valuations for investors that led to $30M raise
• Partner with Legal, Risk, and Compliance departments to define policies and procedures
• Participate in various phases of the deal-making process that include prospect search and pitches
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Independent Consultant, New York, NY
Developed qualitative and quantitative data research and analysis to present strategic goals to stakeholders that expanded brand awareness, created new revenue streams, identified business gaps, and grow audience.
• Collaborated with editorial, business development, legal, sales, engineering, UX, and marketing teams to increase video views online and on mobile platforms
• Generated over $1M in revenue
NEW YORK POST
Head of Video, New York, NY
Built, launched, and served as the head of operation for the digital video department. I was responsible for video and audio programming development that covered sports, news, fashion, entertainment, and lifestyle. Worked with stakeholders to develop content management system for streaming video distribution, managed production group, and worked with editorial, business development, legal, engineering, UX, sales, and marketing teams to optimize performance of digital media.
• Attained over 200 million video views and over $500K annually from video/mobile partnerships
• Oversaw audience programming and development from internal and external sources
• Developed partnerships with News Corp, YouTube, Inform(formerly NDN), and Kit Digital
• Evaluated emerging platforms and increased video and audio workflow efficiency
• Brokered partnership to license NY Post-owned video to generate $100K additional revenue annually
• Presented progress reports of video traffic and audience growth to stakeholders
Coordinating Producer, New York, NY
Collaborated with editorial, business development, UX, engineering teams, and directed eight associate producers whom distributed and created video content to expand the CBS News brand to platforms and connected devices.
• Increased page views and video consumption for on-demand and live streaming audience
• Utilized and integrated new technologies to drive greater digital platform exposure for broadcasts such as 60 Minutes, CBS Evening News, Sunday Morning, The Early Show, 48 Hours, and Face the Nation
• Managed syndication to OTT partners Comcast, iTunes, YouTube, AOL, and mobile clients • Led team to create Katie Couric OnDemand (web-exclusive video content) programming
• Consulted for CBS Sports’ streaming initiative and created original digital entertainment video series 2015-Present • Editorial contributions increased web traffic by 25%
News Producer, New York, NY
Curated, reported, and produced news stories
• Editorial contributions increased web traffic by 25%
Assistant Producer, New York, NY
Curated wired stories, promoted broadcast shows, and reported on feature story.
ROLLING STONE ONLINE / VIBE MAGAZINE
Intern, New York, NY
Administered musician database for AOL partnership, reported and transcribed for music magazine’s articles.
THE AMAZING NINA SIMONE – A DOCUMENTARY FILM BY JEFF L. LIEBERMAN
Business Development Consultant, New York, NY
Created distribution analysis, evaluated digital platforms for licensing partnership agreement, and brokered deals that resulted in 40% increase in revenue for film.
Digital distribution company for independent and documentary films to platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Analyst, New York, NY Evaluated emerging digital platforms, built comparable analysis to present recommendations for digital distribution networks and strategized on anti-piracy initiative.
SWIM BROOKLYN / LIANEAL.COM
Co-Founder, New York, NY
Partnered with team that included Olympic bronze and silver winner Lia Neal and in association with the USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash to promote swimming and water safety for minority children.
COLUMBIA BUSINESS SCHOOL
MBA, Strategy and Media
Clubs: Media Management Association, Black Business Student Association, Technology Business Group
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
YOUTUBE CHANNEL GROWTH
ISSUED FEB 2019
DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT: MODERN FUNDAMENTALS
BY UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA ON COUSERA
ISSUED APRIL 2020
Affiliations: National Association for Multi-Ethnicity In Communications Member, National Association of Black Journalists Member, Asian American Journalist Association Member, Online News Association Member
Skills: Excel, SQL, Powerpoint, Prezi, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Comscore, Webtrend, Chartbeat, Mailchimp, QuarkXPress, ENPS, LexisNexis, Hubspot, Youtube, Facebook Business, Twitter Business, Digital Streaming/Encoding, Video Editing, Video Producing, Python